Background

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pizza Night!

About a week ago, I made these spinach and mushroom calzones and totally forgot to take pictures.  They were good, too!  Anyway, the recipe for pizza dough on that spinach and mushroom calzone recipe made a lot of dough, so I stuck half of it in the freezer and planned to make pizza with it a week later. 

When I was in college, my roommate and I made a lot of pizza.  We used to joke about one day opening a pizzeria because we were getting so good at making it!  It made for a lot of fun times and Friday nights with delicious pizza.  An essential in homemade pizza is a pizza stone.  It makes the crust crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.  I would recommend a pizza stone to anyone who makes pizza more than a few times a year. 

We made our favorite pizzas since we hadn't had homemade pizza in such a long time.  The first pizza had marinara sauce, pepperoni and black olives.  The second had pesto sauce, chicken, pine nuts and roasted garlic. (Find recipe for roasted garlic here.)  They were so good, especially the pesto chicken pizza! 


My pizza dough defrosting

Pre-roasted garlic

A little too roasted garlic

Got my toppings ready!

My dough is ready and rolled out--one onto a pizza pan and the other onto the pizza stone





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment