Background

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Love My...

I Love My Cookie Scoop! 

Some people are against the cookie scoop, but not me.  I love mine.  I use it all the time, most recently for scooping my cake for cake pops.  I should really get another because mine is always in the dishwasher when I need it.  I really like it when things are uniform so the cookie scoop is perfect for me.  Plus, it is so much quicker than scooping with a regular spoon.  And of course, my love of the cookie scoop started with.... cookies!  Everyone has their own chocolate chip cookie recipe they use, and mine comes straight from Betty Crocker herself.  Although my dad might be biased, he says these are his favorite!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook
Printable Recipe Here

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup margarine or butter
2/3 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1 package chocolate chips

Directions: Mix sugars, butter, shortening, egg and vanilla together.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Bake at 375 degrees until lightly browned on an ungreased cookie sheet about 8-10 minutes. 

Amy's Notes:
My secret to good cookies is this: bake cookies closer to the 8 minute mark or until they just begin to brown, then take them out of the oven--even if they don't look done, they will be.  They will be nice and soft this way, the only way a chocolate chip cookie should be!


Got my scoop ready...


Out of the scoop and onto the cookie sheet

Nice and uniform, just the way I like it!


MmmMmmMmm


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment