Background

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gloppy Bread

Sorry for my lack of posting lately.  I hadn't cooked much since being back from Florida until a few days ago.  And I usually do my baking on my days off, since I don't have the energy on days when I work.  Then our nephew was born and on my next few days off, we had to spend the weekend meeting him!  So, still no baking.  Hopefully that comes in the next few days.  In the meantime, enjoy this adorable picture and the few other recipes I have to post in the next couple days.
(Source: Andy Rowe)

Gloppy Bread
Printable Recipe Here

Ingredients:
1 loaf french bread
1 package Swiss cheese
1 small can of mushrooms, drained
3 tablespoons butter/margarine
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Johnny's seasoning salt (Lowry's or other seasoning salt works also)

Directions:
Cut french bread diagonally--first one way, then the other.  Do not cut all the way through the bottom crust.  Fill the slits going on way with Swiss cheese and the slits the other with mushrooms.  Place in foil.
Melt the butter and add the mustard, poppy seeds, lemon juice and seasoning salt.  Pour over the top on the bread. 
Wrap with foil.  Back 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is melted.

Amy's Notes:
I love this bread.  It's a staple at my parents house.  Seeing as I don't make it across the county to my parents house very often these days, I decided it was time to make it myself.  And I am glad I did.  It was even better the next day.  Be warned, check your teeth for poppy seeds after eating!

Cut bread diagonally one way...

...and then the other way.




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment