Background

Friday, March 4, 2011

Broccoli Salad

The entire time I've known my husband, he's never like broccoli.  Until about two months ago when he ordered steamed broccoli as a side at a restraunt.  Since then, he says he likes broccoli and asked me to make this salad because he was 'craving' it.  Ha!  So, we made it together!

Broccoli Salad

Ingredients:
2 bunches broccoli
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 pack bacon, cooked and crumbled
3/4-1 cup mayo (or Miracle Whip)
2/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons (or more) vinegar

Directions:
Combine broccoli, cheese, onion, and bacon in bowl. 
Mix mayo, sugar and vinegar in seperate bowl.  Pour over broccoli mixture.  Combine well and serve.

Amy's Notes:
This is one of those recipes that I ask my mom to make when I go home to visit my parents.  I don't know why I don't make it more myself because it's not hard to make, just a little labor intensive because of all the chopping involved.  It's also a salad that everyone has their own recipe--some people add raisins or sunflower seeeds with various ingredients as the dressing.  But this is what I grew up with so it's the variation that I like the most!



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe. It's my favorite thing to take to potlucks. :)

    ReplyDelete